Header

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On My Wishlist (6) / Waiting On Wednesday (Dec 16)


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured.



Title: Stray (Shifters #1)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Speculative Fiction - Urban Fantasy
Published: June 1st, 2007

There are only eight breeding female werecats left...
And I'm one of them.

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back...for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them.


----------



Title: The Espressologist
Author: Kristina Springer
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Published: October 27th, 2009

What’s your drink of choice? Is it a small pumpkin spice latte? Then you’re lots of fun and a bit sassy. Or a medium americano? You prefer simplicity in life. Or perhaps it’s a small decaf soy sugar-free hazelnut caffe latte? Some might call you a yuppie.

Seventeen-year-old barista Jane Turner has this theory that you can tell a lot about a person by their regular coffee drink. She scribbles it all down in a notebook and calls it Espressology. So it’s not a totally crazy idea when Jane starts hooking up some of her friends based on their coffee orders. Like her best friend, Em, a medium hot chocolate, and Cam, a toffee nut latte. But when her boss, Derek, gets wind of Jane’s Espressology, he makes it an in-store holiday promotion, promising customers their perfect matches for the price of their favorite coffee.

Things are going better than Derek could ever have hoped, so why is Jane so freaked out? Does it have anything to do with Em dating Cam? She’s the one who set them up! She should be happy for them, right? With overtones of Jane Austen’s Emma and brimming with humor and heart, this sweet, frothy debut will be savored by readers.


- A book about coffee? Oh you just know I'm in! :)


----------



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Title: The Red Pyramid
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy/Adventure
Published: May 4th, 2010

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

- I LOVED the Percy Jackson series, so I'm really excited about this! Another new twist on mythology. Cool. :)


How about you, what is on YOUR wishlist?

12 comments:

INCiDeNT (Kayleigh) said...

Awesome picks! I have yet to read any of Rachel Vincent's but want to. ;)

The Espressologist sounds like a fun read!

My WoW is here.

Unknown said...

I want to read Stray too, series looks really good :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm a big coffee girl too :)

Anonymous said...

I added Stray to my wishlist :D

Robin M said...

I want to read Stray as well. Just added it to my e-book library.

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Ohh, nice picks! I also want to read The Espressologist and Stray. :)

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

Great picks! And thanks for the heads up on the new Rick Riordan :)

Tena said...

I want to read Stray as well, you have a great list this week.

Here is mine if you want to take a peek
http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-my-wishlist-5.html

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I cannot wait for The Red Pyramid. I am a huge Percy Jackson fan, so I'm more than a little excited to see what Rick Riordan is doing with this series.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD, I had no idea Rick Riordan had released a blurb for his next book. I love Percy too. Thanks for the heads up this is awesome!

accessories motocross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vasilly said...

Stray sounds so good. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

Post a Comment