Header

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Contact + Ratings/Review Policy

Contact:
E-mail book.izzle@yahoo.com (or use the form below) - I check my e-mail religiously so please don't hesitate!

What I Read
My motto: I'll read anything once. But my favorite genres are: Comics, Contemporary (Fiction/Romance), Fantasy, Graphic Novels, Historical Fiction, Horror, Humor, Mystery, Romance (Paranormal/Contemporary), Science Fiction, Speculative Fiction, Steampunk, and Young Adult. Although, I primarily dabble in Fantasy, Contemporary, Speculative Fiction, and Young Adult.

Ratings
As it stands, I am using the ever popular 1-5 star rating (1 being the worst, 5 being the best). For now this is how I choose to rate reviewed books because it generally gives the visitors of my blog a quick peek of my opinion without exposing too much of the book's content (If you're like me and tend to stay away from reviews until you've had a chance to read it). My rating system goes as follows:

★★★★★
Absolutely loved it. Brilliant!

★★★★
Really liked it, but just fell short of 5 star glory.

★★★
It was good, I enjoyed it enough, but most likely a one-time read.

★★
It was just okay. Read at your own risk.


Stay Away!!

Review Policy
My reviews will always be honest and spoiler free. I try to speak from the heart and mind; leaving negativity aside for other discussions. Now I'm not perfect, negativity does seep in from time to time, but my opinions are my own and I speak my mind.

  • - I'm always open to receiving and reviewing Advanced Reading Copies and Reviewing copies from traditional publishers as well as self-published works. My preference is for hard copies (something about the feel of a book in my hands makes it much more enjoyable) but I may accept an e-book if it is the only means for review. Please send me an e-mail and we can work something out. I generally tend to respond to those requests that I'm interested in.

  • - My preferred genres are mentioned above but I will consider any book with a great synopsis. :)

  • - I'm an avid reader so you can expect my reviews to be posted in a timely manner. But that doesn't discount the fact that I work 30+ hours a week, so if there is a time frame please let me know in advance.

  • - All my reviews will be posted on my blog of course. As well as external sites such as goodreads, library thing, shelfari, and Amazon.com. I'd be happy to send along a review to the author and/or publisher if the situation calls for it.


I am also open to promoting a book or author as well as hosting interviews and giveaways if you have any extras available. If you would like to reach me, please send all inquiries, questions, or comments to nikkinizzle@gmail.com (or use the form below). I promise to get back to you as soon as possible!


Your Name
Your E-mail
Subject
Message



PLEASE NOTE: The majority of the books reviewed on this website have been purchased or borrowed from my local library. There are the few occasions that I acquire a book from an author and/or publisher, but I DO NOT receive or accept payments for any reviews.

1 comments:

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

You are currently reading The Magician's Elephant? I loved that book! Hope you enjoy it!

Post a Comment