Header

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Finds (Jan 8) / Follow Friday (#8)

Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. The idea is to share books that you recently came across, whether new or old, that you've never heard of before and added to your TBR pile.


Friday Finds:




Faces In Time by Lewis Aleman
(discovered via Goodreads)
Genre: Speculative Fiction
Released: December 15, 2009

A 20-Year Race Through Time... In the near future, one man holds the key to our past. Chester Fuze lived a solitary life until he flung himself twenty years back in time. For years, he had loved movie star Rhonda Romero through television screens, movie theaters, and magazine covers. It wasn't until she had fallen so far as to sell her face for a cosmetic transplant that he knew he had to travel back and save her before her life headed down such a tragic and destructive path. Lunging backward through two decades in a flash, Chester races across country and enters the world of seedy gambling and the bizarre jungle of behind-the-scenes Hollywood, while being hunted down by a deranged bookie, an escaped convict, and even his past self, all of whom are determined to kill him. He had put aside the secret to time travel, daring not risk the world to test his theory. It had placed him in a straight jacket for several years of his life. It had estranged his own mother from him. He had let it go for his own sanity. Now, he'll pick it back up to save Rhonda. God help us all.

- Time traveling? Count me in!






Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
(discovered via Page Turners Blog)
Genre: Young Adult
Released: May 2010

Sixteen-year-old music and sound design obsessed Drea doesn't have friends. She has, as she's often reminded, issues. Drea's mom and a rotating band of psychiatrists have settled on "a touch of Asperger's."

Having just moved to the latest in a string of new towns, Drea meets two other outsiders. And Naomi and Justin seem to actually like Drea. The three of them form a trip-hop band after an impromptu jam session. Justin swiftly challenges not only Drea's preference for Poe over Black Lab but also her perceived inability to connect with another person. Justin, against all odds, may even like Drea.

It's obvious that Drea can't hide behind her sound equipment anymore. But just when she's found not one but two true friends, can she stand to lose one of them?

- LOVE this cover. *_*


Follow Friday:

Taking one from Twitter's books here and doing my own version of Follow Friday! Every Friday I will highlight 2-3 blogs that I follow or just discovered who I think are worth following around the bookish blogosphere. :)


Books at Midnight
(Contest: 200 Followers - Ends 1/15)

- Books at Midnight was one of the first blogs I ever followed when I joined the blogging world and it still, to this day, remains one of my favs. Jenn has some cool discussions going on every week as well as great reviews. Pop on over and tell her I sent you. :)


Shut Up! I'm Reading
(Contest: 200 Follower Shin-dig - Ends 2/14)

- Shut Up! I'm Reading is a sweet blog I recently came across while surfing around the blogosphere. I love the title, btw! Jessica's site has a lot of great content from reviews and books meme's, to great contest that is currently underway. Check it out and follow!


► On a sidenote: One of these days I will make a button for my follow Friday posts. One day. Got your own Friday Finds post? Link me!

3 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

ooo I can't wait for the review of the first one. Nice pick :)

Unknown said...

Your two picks are not my usual reads at all. I really have an aversion to the time travel device unless of course that it is Dr Who.

Cindy said...

you have an award here :)

Post a Comment