Header

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (Jan 26)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • - Grab your current read
  • - Open to a random page
  • - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • - BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

"When I fall asleep for real,
I'm a butterfly,
floating from flower to flower.
There's no color but I still feel
peaceful and happy.
At home.

A nice dream
until a shadow comes,
and swallows the warm sunshine."


► I actually just finished this the other day, but seeing as I am still undecided about what book to read next, I figured I might as well use it for today's Teaser Tuesday. Such a fantastic read! Review is in the works. :)

Feel free to leave a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your 2 ‘teasers’ in a comment here!

11 comments:

jlshall said...

Oh dear. That sounded so inviting until that shadow showed up! Excellent teaser!

Here's mine.

Tales of Whimsy said...

O wow! This sounds good. Is it written in verse? I love those.

Unknown said...

I <3 This book! I loved it, I cant wait to hear what you thought!

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

@Juju - Yep! The whole book is in verse and it is absolutely wonderful.

ninefly said...

wow, I usually don't like books in verse (because the rhymes are really lame), but this sounds really beautiful

Morgan @ BLT said...

I'm reading Lisa Schroeder's other verse novel_I Heart You, You Haunt Me_.

Marce said...

I didn't realise this was in Verse, I think I'm going to try it, that was a beautiful teaser.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday-lessons-from-dead-girl.html

Eleni said...

That's a beautiful teaser! I can't wait to read this book..

Monster of Books said...

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this book. Great Pick :)

Emma Michaels said...

Great teaser, I want to read this book so badly! I subscribed! Here is my teaser if you are interested: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_26.html

Lisa said...

I have never ever read a verse novel, I had no idea they even exsisted! And that is the reason I love love love TT!

Great teaser, Nikki!

Post a Comment